Qualified candidates should return application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be based on experience.
Full Time Certified Police Office (2 Positions)
Reports To: Police Chief
Click below to view job details.
Position Overview: The City of Northwest is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Police Officer I or II vacancy. Ideal candidates will have law enforcement experience, however newly BLET Certified candidates are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to transparency, accountability, and fairness, both internally and to the broader community. The salary range for this position is $30,000 to $42,630 per year, commensurate with skills and experience. The City of Northwest offers a competitive package of fringe and health benefits.
The City of Northwest Police Department is comprised of employees who possess the highest standards of ethics and integrity which creates the foundation of our ability to deliver a variety of essential police services to protect and serve all members of our diverse community. Our department provides ethical leadership by engagement with the community to prevent and fight crime, improve the culture of safety at work and in the community, and preserves the sanctity of all human life.
Grounds and Facilities Maintenance Worker
FLSA: Non-Exempt Hourly
Reports To: City Clerk
Click below to view job details.
Position Overview: Performs semiskilled work maintaining City buildings, grounds, and park facilities, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the City Clerk.
- Check with City Clerk about daily priority items.
- Makes sure City Hall, Park and other City property is maintained in an acceptable manner as detailed by supervisor.
- Inspect City vehicles, mowers, and other equipment to keep them maintained and up to normal operating conditions.
- Maintain log of conditions of City vehicles, mowers, and other equipment assigned to the maintenance department and review each week with supervisor.
- Monitor and pick up trash on side of roads within the City,
- Make sure that all City trash is placed in designated areas each Thursday for trash pick-up.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms in City Hall and Concession Stand, replenishes paper supplies and soap, as necessary.
- Inspect and record any hazard on City property such as City playground, ball field, etc.
report findings to City Clerk.
- Do routine monthly checks on all emergency equipment i.e., Generator, Heating & A/C.
- Clean Concession Stand
- Change all filters in buildings and provide checklist to supervisor.
- Inspect fire extinguishers at all City Hall locations indoors and outside.
Special Events and Emergency Preparedness
- Make sure grounds and buildings are secure during emergencies.
- Able to work special events as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and minimal experience in custodial or grounds maintenance work, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of North Carolina.
- Must be willing to obtain all vaccinations and training as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to be a self-starter and independent worker.
- Knowledge of the use of common hand and specialized power tools.
- General knowledge of the safe use and operation and preventive maintenance of equipment used in landscaping grounds maintenance.
- Skill in the use of equipment to which assigned.
- Ability to perform labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Some knowledge and ability to comply with pertinent safety regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records with accuracy.
- Ability to operate mowers and tractors, in performance of tasks.
This work requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 25 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing, speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting and occasionally requires sitting, climbing or balancing, and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, assembly of fabrication of parts within arm’s length, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work regularly requires outdoor weather conditions, frequently requires working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and occasionally requires, working in high, precarious places exposure to vibration and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a loud noise location (e.g. grounds maintenance, heavy traffic).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.