The City of Northwest is hosting it’s first annual “Deck the Yards” yard decorating contest.
The entry application period will be open from November 1 through 25.
Judging will occur on November 29 and 30.
Winners will be announced on Saturday December 4 at the City’s first annual Christmas Tree Lighting Event at 4404 Northwest Road, Mr. Haywood Miller’s home.
Guidelines and Instructions
Participation is open to all residents in the City of Northwest.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Neighborhood board members are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Applications must be submitted to City Hall by 5 p.m., on November 25, 2021.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorations posted on the City of Northwest website and Facebook page, and/or other marketing materials for the City. Participants agree that there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Judging criteria will include a) Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; b) Storyline or theme; c) Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and d) Overall presentation.
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. each night of the voting period.
- Three prizes will be awarded: 1st place $100, 2nd place $75, 3rd place $50.
Be creative, be festive, and have fun!