BOLIVIA, N.C. – Brunswick County will close its five libraries to the public at end of business today, March 19 until further notice to better protect the public and our team members from the emerging health concerns due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Library staff are still available to answer questions via phone and email during the closures and the County will waive any overdue fines during this time. Also, eBooks through Axis360 and kids’ eBooks through NC-Kids will be available as usual. Free Library Wi-Fi will remain online and is accessible from library parking lots in most cases for individuals who still need internet service.
The County already canceled all county-organized events that are not commissioner or board meetings and any privately organized events at county buildings, libraries and parks this past Thursday, March 12.
At this time, all county parks will remain open to the public. All visitors need to practice social distancing (approximately six feet between you and others) and cannot gather in groups—including children, teenagers, and young adults. These measures are necessary to keep each other as safe as possible. The County will continue to monitor the parks to ensure compliance with state mandates and guidelines.
As a reminder, everyone is encouraged to practice social distancing and to seek online, phone, email, or other virtual means to conduct business when possible. A list of online resources and contact information to reach county offices that often have higher levels of in-person visitors are available on this page.
Individuals who visit library parking lots for Wi-Fi are urged to find safe spaces outside of their vehicles and to remain at least six feet from others at all times.
The County is continuing to monitor the novel coronavirus situation in our county and state and will continue to share updates as they are available.
Brunswick County has a Public Health Call Line and email dedicated to coronavirus questions. At this time, the call line is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Questions submitted over the weekend will be handled by the next business day.
Brunswick County Public Health Call Line and Email Information
- Phone: 1.910.253.2339
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents with general questions can also call the NC Division of Public Health Coronavirus Call Line 24 hours a day/7 days a week at 1-866-462-3821.
Residents can find information and receive updates from the County as they are issued a number of ways:
- Brunswick County website: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/news/
- Sign up for email updates on emergency situation news releases: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/info/email/
- Social media: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/info/social/
- Emergency alert notifications (phone calls, text, and/or emails): https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/7BC24EDE14D3
More information is also available on the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus, the NCDHHS’ website at www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus and on the County’s website at https://brunswickcountync.gov/coronavirus.
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com
BRUNSWICK COUNTY PHONE AND ONLINE RESOURCES
The County has information and resources for individuals and businesses that need assistance now online:
- Community Assistance: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/emergency/covid-19-community-assistance/
- Business Resources: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/health/coronavirus/businessresources/
Brunswick County offers some in-person services in online formats or over the phone. You are encouraged to reach out to us to see if there are opportunities to assist you with your county-related needs over the next few weeks. A few links and contact information to some of our departments that often have in-person visitors are below. Please reach out us to see how we might be able to assist you via virtual means.
Main County Phone: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033 / https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/
- Pay your water and sewer bill online at https://brunswick.authoritypay.com/
- How to pay your capital recover fees, tap and meter fees online: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/utilities/utility-billing/pay-fees/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2657, option 2 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code Administration is operating on normal schedules for field inspections and processing of permit applications. We encourage you to use the webpage for submitting applications and corresponding with CP tech by phone: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/permits/
- Any changes to our processes will be posted by 4 p.m. for future business day operations at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2021 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2150 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2250 / 888.428.4429 / email@example.com
- Library System main webpage: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/library/
- Harper Library (Southport): 457.6237 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rourk Library (Shallotte): 754.6578 / email@example.com
- Leland Library: 371.9442 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbee Library (Oak Island): 278.4283 / email@example.com
- Southwest Brunswick Branch Library (Carolina Shores): 575.0173 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Register of Deeds
- Record searches and vital records certified copy requests are available online at http://brunswick-live.inttek.net/
- Electronic recording is available through Internet Technologies, Inc. at https://erecording.inttek.net
- Contact Information: 253.2690 / Toll-free: 877.625.9310 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2077 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not email reports of abuse or neglect.
- If you need to make a CPS or APS report, please call 910.253.2077 during business hours. After Hours call 9-1-1 and ask to speak to the on call social worker.
- Property record cards and collections information: https://tax.brunsco.net/itsnet/
- Tax payment options: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/tax-office/payment/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2829 / 800.527.9001 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2233